08 August 2011

Kiss of Snow, by Nalini Singh

Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)Psy-Changeling, #10
Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh

My rating:

I'm not going to go into plot details because other reviewers have done that better than I could have.

I think this might just be my favorite of the whole series, right up there with play of passion. It is not just because Hawke is my absolute favorite character (how can you NOT love the hotness that is Hawke?).

See, Kiss of Snow isn't perfect. At all. In fact it has a lot wrong with it. for example the story (Sienna and Hawke's) was fast. I felt like i didn't have time to savor it. And there were a lot of things going on in the story at the same time, making it feel choppy and episodic.

But the things that were wrong with the book were also what made it special. In many ways this book isabout precious moments, cherished moments, moments stolen from busy, chaotic, choppy days.

It was about the little moments that made up Sienna and Hawke's courtship; it was about finding precious moments to nurture love in the midst of upheaval.

It was about moments with friends, and about family bonds, friendship bonds, loyalty, love... all in busy times, moments stolen from the day.

It was about the ties that bind.

At the beginning I wasn't sure this was going to be my favorite book. but it's definitely in my top 3 of this series. I LOVE it! the many moments Hawke and Sienna had and the last 25% of the story made up for everything else.

And Hawke is a man after my own heart. he is simply awesome (anyone that says different is a huge liar, lol) and one of my favorite heroes in fiction. One of the things I love most about his character is how flawed he is. Unlike many of the heroes in this series, he is hugely flawed, with real flaws too (none of the "noble, admirable" flaws crap).He is not at all perfect, and in many ways Sienna is more 'perfect' than he is. I immensely enjoyed learning what made him tick, his history and his imperfections too.

Sienna is awesome. Many times i forgot she was only 19. She is much more mature than any 19 yo (she is more like Indigo than Evie) and more than a match for Hawke. She could hold her own against him. She's a force to be reckoned with in her own right. And I LOVED their love story, if that's not obvious by now. I also really enjoyed seeing how much-loved Hawke is, how much his pack loves and admires him, and just how much of himself he gives to his pack, how much he loves them, how hard he works to deserve their love and admiration. I only wish there has been more time to spend with Hawke and Sienna and the SnowDancer pack.

The interactions of the Lauren family were also great to see (Toby and Marlee need their own book, hehe). Kiss of Snow is not your most perfect story out there, but it is an amazing love story and well worth the wait (I see you amazon.com, making me wait till past three am to get my hands on this book).

Now all that is left is to make Hawke a daddy!!!!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Sweet Beginnings kit by NewLifeDreamsDesigns