03 May 2012

Review: It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas

Author: Lisa Kleypas
Title: It Happened One Autumn
Series: Wallflowers #2

It happened at the ball...

Where beautiful but bold Lillian Bowman quickly learned that her independent American ways weren't entirely "the thing." And the most disapproving of all was insufferable, snobbish, and impossible Marcus, Lord Westcliff, London's most eligible aristocrat.

It happened in the garden...

When Marcus shockingly—and dangerously—swept her into his arms. Lillian was overcome with a consuming passion for a man she didn't even like. Time stood still; it was as if no one else existed...thank goodness they weren't caught very nearly in the act!

It happened one autumn...

Marcus was a man in charge of his own emotions, a bedrock of stability. But with Lillian, every touch was exquisite torture, every kiss an enticement for more. Yet how could he consider taking a woman so blatantly unsuitable...as his bride?

I really, really, really liked this one.

From the first book I could tell Lord Westcliff was a keeper, and I was not too happy he was going to be paired of with Lillian, as she wasn't shown to be the nicest kind of person in the first book.

she was shown in a much better light this time around, and I was glad to see that she and Lord Westcliff were perfectly suited :D. For two people who are so tactile, headstrong and feisty, their story was a very muted, very gentle one - straight from the first kiss at the beginning to the admissions of love in the end, and I loved every second of it. I totally enjoyed this love story.

I love, love, love, Lord Westcliff. He has a lot of the charm and nuance of your normal Kleypas hero, which was missing in the hero of the previous book. And she showed such poesy and tenderness, i loved it! I also think Ms. Kleypas did a great job of making Lillian much more likable while keeping her true to her character from the previous book. I was liking lord Sebastian St. Vincent too, with his his funny remarks, until he did what he did at the end to his [probably only] friend at that. It was a despicable thing to do. Now I am not sure I like him at all and am worried for the next book.

I liked seeing Daisy again, and the Bowmans' mother made me laugh,s he was so over-the-top. I am indifferent to Annabelle's presence. I don't think it added or took anything away,and she was rather a wet blanket in this one. It was a shame Evie didn't have much face time in this book, but her piece in the epilogue was epic. I enjoyed just about everything in this book and am excited to start my favorite wallflower's story next. And even though I have heard awesome stuff about Sebastian St. Vincent of the next book, for me Lord Westcliff will be a hard hero to beat, I think :). We'll see about that.


★★★½

OTHER BOOKS IN THIS SERIES:
1. Secrets of a Summer Night - 3/5
 

1 comment:

  1. Never heard about this book. Love your review, Im gonna check this out:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Sweet Beginnings kit by NewLifeDreamsDesigns