Hi! It's that time of the month again, heh.
Looking back, March has been a sort of uneven month for me.
I read 30 books, most of which were fantasy and romance (as usual). [NB: Clicking on the links will take you to the Goodreads page for the book. I either haven't reviewed them on here yet or am too lazy to attach links. Next month will be better, I promise].
- The ever fabulous Archangel by Sharon Shinn.
- It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas
- An Indecent Proposition by Carol Marinelli.
- Untouched by Anna Campbell
- Sacrificial Magic by Stacia Kane
The least favorites
- Dead Witch Walking (Hollows #1) by Kim Harrison
- Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom #1) by Devon Monk
- Faefever (Fever #3) by Karen Marie Moning.
The first two were new-to-me authors whose books didn't work for me at all. I am not a fan of the Fever series in any way, shape, or form, so it was a given KMM's book would drive me bonkers, and it did (I read it for a challenge, leave me alone).
- The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley. All my friends on Goodreads rave about this book all the time. I was very underwhelmed :(
- A Lady's Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran - I'd heard so much about this author and I read the book and was disappointed with the characterization.
- River Marked by Patricia Briggs. Major, major bummer!
I read more historical romance than I've read in a while, and I liked the change. Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite historical romance writers, and I loved the one historical I read by Anna Campbell, so it was a good bet I'd like their books, and I did.
Since February I have been in a reading slump. I am slowly getting over it, but I have been getting rather cranky as a reader, and a lot of stuff I was willing to let go in PNR and UF, I am not so willing to do so now. Like idiot heroes and heroines. Or maybe I just read all the really good authors already and am starting to get to the meh ones and the duds, because no new UF or PNR I tried this month worked for me (they were all two or three-star reads). I am enjoying historical romance a lot more. I stopped reading historical romance in March 2011 and have focused almost completely on PNR and UF since then.
Looking Forward:April is going to be an exciting month because Sharon Shinn's new book comes out on the 3rd! I am so jazzed up for it, which makes the whole month look up already!
I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with the blog. It will still be a blog, but I think I'm going to keep more as a sort of online diary of my experiences/thoughts about books than a review blog. So I'll do more reflective posts, more thoughts about some characters and authors and series I like as opposed to reviews. I'll still do reviews, but you can find those on Goodreads anyway. So more for the stuff I can't do on Goodreads, like talk about why I hate the Fever series, or why Gabriel is so awesome :D
I'm also looking to post less, I think. So probably 2 or 3 posts a week.
Finally and most importantly, I am also thinking about moving to wordpress and I am trying to decide if I should just do it now, or wait until later in the year.
Oh, and in the mean time, since I suck at blog design, I'm paying someone to design the blog for me! Looking forward to the new layout and a unique online space I can call my own!!