31 March 2012

{March} Month In Review

Hi! It's that time of the month again, heh.
Looking back, March has been a sort of uneven month for me.

Stats

I read 30 books, most of which were fantasy and romance (as usual). [NB: Clicking on the links will take you to the Goodreads page for the book. I either haven't reviewed them on here yet or am too lazy to attach links. Next month will be better, I promise].

The favorites

The least favorites

The first two were new-to-me authors whose books didn't work for me at all. I am not a fan of the Fever series in any way, shape, or form, so it was a given KMM's book would drive me bonkers, and it did (I read it for a challenge, leave me alone).  

Underwhelming/disappointing reads

  • The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley. All my friends on Goodreads rave about this book all the time. I was very underwhelmed :(  
  • A Lady's Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran - I'd heard so much about this author and I read the book and was disappointed with the characterization.
  •  River Marked by Patricia Briggs. Major, major bummer!

I read more historical romance than I've read in a while, and I liked the change. Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite historical romance writers, and I loved the one historical I read by Anna Campbell, so it was a good bet I'd like their books, and I did.

Reflections: 

Since February I have been in a reading slump. I am slowly getting over it, but I have been getting rather cranky as a reader, and a lot of stuff I was willing to let go in PNR and UF, I am not so willing to do so now. Like idiot heroes and heroines. Or maybe I just read all the really good authors already and am starting to get to the meh ones and the duds, because no new UF or PNR I tried this month worked for me (they were all two or three-star reads). I am enjoying historical romance a lot more. I stopped reading historical romance in March 2011 and have focused almost completely on PNR and UF since then.

Looking Forward: 

 April is going to be an exciting month because Sharon Shinn's new book comes out on the 3rd! I am so jazzed up for it, which makes the whole month look up already!

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with the blog. It will still be a blog, but I think I'm going to keep more as a sort of online diary of my experiences/thoughts about books than a review blog.  So I'll do more reflective posts, more thoughts about some characters and authors and series I like as opposed to reviews. I'll still do reviews, but you can find those on Goodreads anyway. So more for the stuff I can't do on Goodreads, like talk about why I hate the Fever series, or why Gabriel is so awesome :D

I'm also looking to post less, I think. So probably 2 or 3 posts a week.

Finally and most importantly, I am also thinking about moving to wordpress and I am trying to decide if I should just do it now, or wait until later in the year.

Oh, and in the mean time, since I suck at blog design, I'm paying someone to design the blog for me! Looking forward to the new layout and a unique online space I can call my own!!


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Sweet Beginnings kit by NewLifeDreamsDesigns