31 July 2012

{July} Month in Review

 
July was reading heaven, even if I do say so myself. I also went a little bit crazy with buying books :D. I discovered a new author whom I utterly ADORE - Ben Aaronovitch - and reread an entire series that I love -  Percy Jackson. Ooh, and Gunmetal Magic releases today! As well as Book 3 in the Peter Grant series!! Perfect end to the month.

Stats:

I read 19 books this month, 5 of which were 5-star rereads, all from the Percy Jackson series. I love, love, love Percy, and fell in love with him all over again. The rest were all wonderful. There were only 3 books I didn't enjoy very much: Chloe Neill's, The Lost Hero, and Must Love Hellhounds.
 
Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)The Red Headed League (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, #2)Moon Over Soho (Peter Grant, #2)The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1)The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2)The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)Must Love Hellhounds (Includes  Guild Hunter, #1.5; Kate Daniels, #3.5; The Guardians, #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse, #9.2)The Safe-Keeper's Secret (Safe-Keepers, #1)The Truth-Teller's Tale (Safe-Keepers, #2)The Dream-Maker's Magic (Safe-Keepers, #3)Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)Blackwolf's RedemptionLost in Love (Harlequin Presents, #1665)

The favorites

So many good books this month. Where to start, where to start?
  •  I started the Heroes of Olympus series just so I could see my Percy again. Book 1 was meh, but that was cos Percy wasn't in it. He brought it in book 2! 
  • And I discovered a gem among gems: The Peter Grant series by Ben Aaronovitch. Pure, unadulterated goodness!
  • The YA Trilogy by Sharon Shinn wasn't bad at all. 
  • I read and loved an ARC of an Anna Campbell book (review to be posted all the way in September!)

The least favorites

  • The Lost Hero was very middling, with a wooden lost hero and a Mary sue girl heading our cast.
  • The two anthologies I finished this month weren't too good as a whole :(
  • Drink Deep is the worst Chloe Neill book I have read. Ugh!!

Reflections

Awesome month!

Looking Forward

I can already tell it's going to be a good new month! Ilona Andrews and Ben Aaronovitch have just released new books, and there's Percy and Annabeth going on a date to tide me over the rest of the month when The Demigod Diaries releases. Here's to good reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Sweet Beginnings kit by NewLifeDreamsDesigns