July was reading heaven, even if I do say so myself. I also went a little bit crazy with buying books :D. I discovered a new author whom I utterly ADORE - Ben Aaronovitch - and reread an entire series that I love - Percy Jackson. Ooh, and Gunmetal Magic releases today! As well as Book 3 in the Peter Grant series!! Perfect end to the month.
I read 19 books this month, 5 of which were 5-star rereads, all from the Percy Jackson series. I love, love, love Percy, and fell in love with him all over again. The rest were all wonderful. There were only 3 books I didn't enjoy very much: Chloe Neill's, The Lost Hero, and Must Love Hellhounds.
The favoritesSo many good books this month. Where to start, where to start?
- I started the Heroes of Olympus series just so I could see my Percy again. Book 1 was meh, but that was cos Percy wasn't in it. He brought it in book 2!
- And I discovered a gem among gems: The Peter Grant series by Ben Aaronovitch. Pure, unadulterated goodness!
- The YA Trilogy by Sharon Shinn wasn't bad at all.
- I read and loved an ARC of an Anna Campbell book (review to be posted all the way in September!)
The least favorites
- The Lost Hero was very middling, with a wooden lost hero and a Mary sue girl heading our cast.
- The two anthologies I finished this month weren't too good as a whole :(
- Drink Deep is the worst Chloe Neill book I have read. Ugh!!
I can already tell it's going to be a good new month! Ilona Andrews and Ben Aaronovitch have just released new books, and there's Percy and Annabeth going on a date to tide me over the rest of the month when The Demigod Diaries releases. Here's to good reading!