30 April 2012

{April} Month in Review

April was even more uneven (haha) than March was for me.

Stats:

I read 22 books,  a whopping 9 of which were re-reads! I kinda fell back into my reading slump :(. I also started a new job, which leaves me with much less time for reading. My laptop broke - long story, and it won't be fixed for another month or so, which means I am less mobile online.

The favorites:

I went on an Ilona Andrews kindle marathon. In one weekend, I re-read though book 2-5 of the Kate Daniels series, as well as all the Curran POV's and fell in love with the characters all over again for the thousandth time.

1. Magic Burns
2. Magic Bleeds
3. Magic Slays
4. Magic Gifts
*Curran
*Fathers and Sons (Curran II)
*Curran III
*Currran Hot Tub POV

The least favorites

1. Oracle's Moon by Thea Harrison.

This whole series has been one big bust apart from Dragon Bound.

Underwhelming/Disappointing Reads.

1. Hex Hall (Hex Hall #1) by Rachel Hawkins
2. Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne

These two books come highly recommended by a lot of my Goodreads friends. Fail. I didn't much like Hex Hall. A lot of the book wouldn't have happened if the characters had the slightest shred of sense :/. Kevin Hearne's book I didn't enjoy as much as I could have because of the caricatured women and the untrue and unnecessary snark about Christianity. I am not inclined to go searching for the rest of the books in the series.


Reflections:

I think my love affair with UF and PNR is coming to an end. It seems like I have read all the great books by all the best authors in the genre. And I don't have patience for TSTL characters masquerading as being kick-ass. So now I just live for new releases by my favorite authors in the genre and ignore the rest. :/ I am also reading less (due in part to my reading slump, and in part to being tired of all the UF/PNR.)

Looking Forward: 

Sometime in the next week, my blog is gonig to have a new design! I am so excited about that. I showed the design progress to my sister and she was awed. It's really cute! And I can't wait to have it done!

Here's also hoping May brings less reading slump, more fab books, and my laptop back - or else I might haver to buy a new laptop :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Sweet Beginnings kit by NewLifeDreamsDesigns