19 June 2012

Quickie Review: Hard Evidence by Pamela Clare

Author: Pamela Clare

Title: Hard Evidence

Series: I-Team #2

About the Book: After the murder of a teenage girl, a mysterious man in a black leather jacket was seen lurking near the crime scene. Investigative reporter Tessa Novak has him in her sights as the culprit…  That man was Julian Darcangelo, an undercover FBI agent working with the Denver police. He’s closing in on the trail of a human trafficker and killer. Tessa’s accusations could blow his cover, and he wants her off the investigation. But just as Tessa has made Julian a target of interest, she is now a target of the killer. And as they are forced to trust each other, their physical attraction escalates as intensely as the threat from a ruthless murderer who wants to see both of them dead…

 

My Thoughts:

I'm in the minority here. I enjoyed its predecessor way more than this book.

It's a great story, but I feel like it dragged out too long. And I didn't like Tessa too much. The things I'd found cute about Kara I found annoying in Tessa. And I am not too sure I buy that her reasons for wanting to publish the stories are more sound than the reasons Julian and the police wanted the information under wraps. So it was iffy for me. I really liked the hero, though.


OTHER BOOKS IN THIS SERIES:
1. Extreme Exposure - Excellent
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Sweet Beginnings kit by NewLifeDreamsDesigns